Please take a moment and learn about the Correspondence option approved for families Statewide!
We educate via correspondence curriculum; You train behind the wheel!
*Teamwork saves you money*
Great Option for:
1. Parents with good driving skills that are willing to train their teen behind the wheel;
2. Families on a budget;
3. Students with busy schedules.
Correspondence driver education school is available to students who legally qualify. Students must be under the age of 18 in New Mexico who wish to obtain their driver’s license through a driver education course but are unable to attend a traditional driver education class. All students must apply for permission to enroll in correspondence school prior to enrollment. Eligible students must submit a completed application with required supporting documents AND must be fifteen years of age at the time of completion of the course.
Teenagers do earn their 2 NM State Certificates through this program, they use these State issued certificates at the MVD for Knowledge Testing (Driving Permit) and then Road Testing (Provisional License).
The Referral Card is the 1st certificate earned. This is used for the Knowledge Test & Driving Permit. Teens earn this certificate after the first 10 chapters have been successfully completed!
The Certificate of Completion is earned after all 17 chapters & the curriculum final exam have been successfully completed. This certificate is used for the Road Test & upgrade to Provisional License
Applications are processed in order of receipt & can take up to thirty (30) business days to evaluate, process & approve when complete. Incomplete applications will take even longer. (All applications are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.)
Please see if your teen qualifies with the supporting documents from Condition 1 OR Condition 2:
See if you qualify below:
**IMPORTANT: Be sure to check the qualifying factors below before requesting an application.
1. Extenuating Circumstances:Student is unable to attend driver education classes at high school OR a private provider because of extenuating conditions not specified below (#2-#7). Please note that matters of personal preference such as cost are not considered extenuating circumstances. Needed Supporting Documentation: Formal letter written & signed by a parent/guardian explaining the extenuating circumstance. *If you have a circumstance you belive to be "extenuating" but are unsure, just ask us. We can help you!
2. Distance:There is no private driver's ed school within 25 miles of your home & student does not have the opportunity to take driver's ed at high school. Needed Supporting Documentation: Formal letter on letterhead signed by a school official confirming the school in question does not offer driver education & location of nearest private driving school.
3. Transportation Issues:Student is unable to attend local driver education classes at high school OR a private provider because neither public transportation nor a parent/guardian is available to take them to & from class. Needed Supporting Documentation: Formal letter written & signed by a parent/guardian explaining the nature of the transportation difficulties.
4. Academic Activities:Student is unable to attend driver education classes at high school OR a private provider because of honors/AP/duel credit classes or other scholastic responsibilities. Needed Supporting Documentation: Formal letter on official school stationary/letterhead signed by a school official/teacher explaining the nature of the classes and time commitments.
5. Extracurricular Activities:Student is unable to attend driver education classes at high school OR a private provider because of commitments outside the classroom such as athletics, church activities, or performing arts. Needed Supporting Documentation: Formal letter on official school stationary/letterhead signed by a school official/teacher explaining nature of the activities.
6. Employment:Student is unable to attend driver education classes at high school OR a private provider because work hours conflict with driver education class times. Needed Supporting Documentation: Formal letter written & signed by employer
Note:Our mission is to provide quality education at the best price! We do not disappoint! Our State Approved curriculum qualifies a student for their PERMIT, PROVISIONAL LICENSE & FULL LICENSE! The 6 hours of State mandated DWI Awareness is included. All certificates are included in the cost; Motor Vehicle Dept testing fees are extra.
**IMPORTANT: Be sure to check the above qualifying factors before requesting an application.
Ready to Get Started?
Please fill out the form below. The Correspondence Application & Instructions will be emailed to you automatically!